Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Assignment #1: Blog Reflection 2

Question: Is there a danger to a growing disconnect from nature?

Image from: Google Image

Ever since the first flame was discovered, humans have become dependent on it for warmth, light and cooking purposes.  As technology advanced, we have advanced with it by our dependence.  Now that we are in the age of computers; I as a student often find myself sitting in front of a computer for numerous amount of hours, everyday.  I depend on it for entertainment ( watching movies or playing games), socializing, and pretty much just to kill time.  The computer is the first thing I go to when I need information on something fast.  

My family is heavily reliant on their cars.  They need it to go to work every morning.  Even on their days off the car is always out at least once, everyday.  If we continue to depend on these man made technology, then we will continue to deplete our energy resource.  I do believe that this will be a danger because I do not believe that we are the only family out of 5.6 billion people who are reliant on these resources.

If we continue to live the way we do, we would continue to add to the already current and growing over consumption problems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment